Annual Theme 2020-21 – FIT DEENS
To suit the unusual needs during unprecedented times , we launch our Theme for the Year “FIT DEENS”.
Deens Academy takes a holistic view of fitness, integrating physical, emotional, and environmental well-being, fuelling the body, engaging the mind, and nurturing the spirit.
The theme activities will be infused seamlessly into daily routines of the children across all grades to include age appropriate activities. We hope to engage parents and the extended communities to adopt these fitness ideas to suit the changing environment.
Some of the activities planned would include
Physical Wellbeing : It is proven physical activity in a clean natural surrounding and feelings of connection to nature enhance psychological health and well-being. To this end we explore
- Social distancing behaviour,
- Personal care and cleanliness,
- endurance & PE,
- Focus on Good sleep and relaxation,
- positive body image
Emotional Wellbeing: Emotional fitness encompasses optimism, self-esteem, self-acceptance and the ability to share feelings. This is steered in with the help of our student counsellor, teachers and parent interactions. Some of the activities planned would include
- Reflection/ Gratitude/ forgiveness activities
- Mindfulness discussions and role play -.
- Discussions on resilience with affirmations
- Anger management-
- parents discussions during circle time
- Curiosity corners/Skill development discussions
- Story telling / student talk.
- Creativity/Blog writing
Environmental Wellbeing: An ongoing project at our school . We would reiterate best practice from previous years
- avoid plastic bags, reuse every resource,
- avoid overeating, no wastage of food,
- indulgence of buying unwanted stuff,
- address- wastage of water,
- switching off lights and fans,
- keeping classrooms clean,
- Community Outreach programs
Every three years we follow a theme based on which our various events are conducted. The details are displayed as posters and discussed in classes during circle time and life skills class.
In the past we have had theme’s like Women empowerment, Volume-Kum, I- Clean, Core Values etc..
Our Physical Education teacher Mr Rajesh provides the children with a lucid description on the exercises , postures and training to be successful athletes
Annual Theme 2017-2020
We have a conscious view of value acquisition and we are attempting to realise this through a multi-pronged approach. To create an awareness of their global responsibility, we have chosen Sustainability- Shtairyam, as our annual theme for this academic session. Students will debate and dissipate ideas regarding Sthairyam from the stand point of the environment, society and economy.
- Grades 1-5: Environmental Sustainability
- Grades 6-8: Social Sustainability
- Grade 9-12: Economic Sustainability
We continue our last years Core values theme and it is propagated by an award system for students who embody the Deens Core values .