School safety is the responsibility of everyone – staff, students and parents. The School has procedures in place to ensure that the physical environment of the school is safe. Read More..
The school policies and procedures are in place to ensure the safety and comfort for all in the School. Here is a ready reckoner for the school policies. Please note that all policies are subject to change based on the situation prevailing at that time. Read More
As the school plan commencement of physical classes here are some of the protocols we are following for student safety
Cleaning and sanitation facilities in the school
- Thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all areas, furniture, equipment, washrooms, laboratories, libraries, etc. on school campus
- Foot operated hand washing facilities are installed
- Contact-less infrared digital thermometer will be used
- As suggested by the Ministry of Health, there is at least 6 feet distance between students in the seating plan, with 10 students in each room. We have marked the seating that students should occupy.
- We use only single-seater desks.
- Earmarked different lanes for movement (coming and going).
- Students will leave their mobile phones in the tray placed at the entrance of the building. Students will therefore need to label their phones for easy identification during collection at the end of the exam.
Display Signages and markings for enforcing physical/social distancing and safety protocols
- Posters/messages/stickers and signage are installed at appropriate places in the school reminding students/staff about maintaining physical/social distancing such as inside the classroom, outside washrooms, hand washing stations, etc
- Library, labs and lunch bay (common congregation areas) have been closed for entry, unless entry is authorised by the Headmistress/ Principal.
- Circles have been marked on ground at different places like reception, water facility stations, hand washing stations, area outside washrooms, and other areas. Please stay on these to maintain appropriate distance
- Frequent cleaning and sanitization of commonly touched surfaces like doorknobs and latches etc., inside and outside the classrooms will be carried out.
- Availability of foot operated soap dispenser and clean water at all hand washing facility is ensured.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of washrooms during the school hours will be ensured.
- Sanitization will be done before school and after the students leave classroom and school premises.
- All students and staff to arrive at school wearing a face cover/mask and continue wearing it all through, especially when in class
- Ensure and educate students to not exchange masks with others.
- Stay vigilant that every child/staff member coughs or sneezes into a tissue or elbow and avoid touching face, eyes, mouth, and nose.
- Sanitization of school transportation on regular basis at least twice a day – once before children board the transport and once after.
- School Driver and conductor will maintain physical distance at all times and ensure physical/social distancing among students in the bus. They will wear face mask and face shield while on the trip.
- Parents are advised that they must not send their wards to school if the child or any family member living in the same household suffers from fever/cough/breathlessness etc.
- Students should not share any material (textbooks, notebooks, pen, pencil, eraser, tiffin box, water bottles, etc.) with each other.
- Windows and doors of the classrooms and other rooms will be kept open for ventilation.
- SOP will be followed in case of detection of a suspected case of COVID-19
Parents /guardians may take the following steps:
- Ensure that their ward comes to school wearing a mask and sensitize them not to exchange masks with others.
- Every student carries his/her personal sanitizer bottle.
- Parents will take care not to send their ward to school if the child is not feeling well.
- Drop and pick children from school, as far as possible. Follow the drive-in instructions of the security staff for drop-off and pick up of the child.
- If sent by school bus then maintain physical/social distancing.
- Ask their ward to practice physical/social distancing at all times once she/he leaves home.
- Clean and sanitize their ward’s uniform and other belongings daily.
- Provide individual clean small napkins daily for their ward for wiping hands.
- Advise their ward not to share their tiffin and water bottle with others.
- Advise their child not to engage in unnecessary socialising after/before the commencement of the exam in school.