“ALLIANCE FOR GROWTH”
The aim of Deens Parent School Alliance (PSA) is to foster better relationships between parents and Deens Academy. The PSA will create a partnership which helps the School listen to and deal with student issues and parent concerns; and for parents to learn more about the School’s policies and strategies, such that there is an enhanced partnership in the journey of the child’s educational experience at Deens.
Constitution of the PSA
The members of the PSA will serve on the committee for a period of 3 years, unless
(a) the member wishes to relinquish this post
(b) other members vote for the member to be replaced.
The Convenor – the Convenor provides leadership for the PSA, sets the agenda for meetings and manages meetings in line with the agenda. This post is held by the Principal of The Deens Academy, by default.
(1) parent members the members will be nominated by the School Management Committee- to have ample representation from all sections of the School.
(2) teacher members- from various branches are chosen by the School Management Committee.
Scope of the PSA
- The association shall be non-commercial, non-sectarian, and non-partisan.
- Will work towards promoting understanding and co-operation between parent and school for the welfare of children.
- Will collaborate with the school to organize workshops and discussions to create awareness and promote value based practices among the parent community.
- Shall participate to understand and disseminate decisions regarding school policy, recognizing that the responsibility to make decisions has been vested with the Principal and the School Management.
- Shall work to promote the health and welfare of children and shall seek to promote collaboration among parents, School and the community at large.
- Identify and recommend continuing development strategies for school and student enhancement.
- Shall frame, revise and accept by-laws for the efficient working of the PSA.
- Every member has the opportunity to interact, provide feedback and exchange ideas within the PSA and with the School Management.
- Members of the PSA may not bring their personal concerns into a meeting of the PSA. They are expected to keep all discussions on the macro level.
- Financial resolutions with respect to the school/ students are not within the purview of the PSA.
- The recommendations made by the PSA are not binding on the School Management.
- In the event of a decision being moved, all committee members have equal voting rights, with the exception of the Convenor, who has an additional casting vote, should this be needed.
- The group will meet as a constructive interactive forum, as a feedback session and not as a session for grievance.
- The calendar of events will be pre drawn together and intimated to all members.
- It is mandatory for the group members to attend the meetings.
- Failure to attend the 3 meetings will mean automatic cessation of their membership.
- Outcomes of the meeting should lead to:
- Improvements to some aspects of the working of the school
- Sharing of parenting practices
- Recommendations to management on investment areas
6. PSA members will have the opportunity to directly provide feedback on proposed school policies and changes as and when solicited.
The Members of PSA 2018-19 are as follows
|Ms. Mohana||LKG (BR)|
|Mr. Ravikumar Kalaimani||UKG (BR)|
|Ms. Neha Ravichandran||PG (BR)|
|Ms Narmadha S||TOD ( BR)|
|Ms Reema Suryanarayanan||UKG ( BR)|
|Ms Arpita Majumdar||LKG ( RH)|
|Ms Aditi Chandra Jain||UKG ( RH)|
|Ms Susan Ninan||PG ( RH)|
|Mr. Roopesh.VK||1( WF)|
|Ms. Raynah Remedios||1 (WF)|
|Mr. Rahul Karangale||2 (WF)|
|Ms. Asha Telkar||3 (WF)|
|Ms. Aparna Hariharan||4 (WF)|
|Ms. Anshuma Singh||5 (WF)|
|Ms. Sindhu R||3 / 1 (GJ)|
|Mr. Mathew Joseph||5( GJ) / 11 (WF)|
|Mr. Varun Rangarajan||1 (GJ)|
|Mr Bhasker Rao Kelly||2( GJ)|
|Ms Shalini Eeswaran||1( GJ)|
|Ms Bhumika Hosley||3( GJ)|
|Ms Devi Karthika||1 ( GJ)|
|Middle and Senior school|
|Ms. Deepti Hansaria||6 (WF)|
|Ms. Aparna Shinde||8 (WF)|
|Ms. C.Selvamari||9 (WF)|
|Ms. Sabitha Subash||10 (WF)|
|Ms. Nivedita Babu||11 / 4 (WF)|
|Mr. Rajay Kumar C||9 / 3 (WF)|
|Mr. Mathew Joseph||5 (GJ) / 11 (WF)|
|Ms Hemalata Pande||Gunjur|
|Ms Sarala Nair||WF|
|Ms Raji Vijaykumar||WF/ GUNJUR|
|Ms Varsha Agarwal||BR|
Topics of discussion: EXAMPLES (based on relevance to the group)
- Creating awareness on school partnership among parents
- Value add from the community for the deens students & vice versa
- Suggesting and assisting to bring visibility to the children
- Adding value in terms of watching for the circulars and making suggestions
During an Event
- Bringing in sponsors
- Extending a helping hand
For the student
- Building self esteem & confidence
- Attention deficit disorder
- Sex education
- Raising independent kids
- Chores and developing responsibility
- Managing temper tantrums
- Detecting stress amongst kids
- Cyber life
- Communicating with teenagers
- Developing positive discipline