Co-scholastic programmes at Deens
When you come right down to it – the real world is not just about academics. There is a world beyond classroom walls and textbooks, where invaluable learning takes place. At our school, academics goals are balanced with a vibrant Enrichment Programme that encompasses art, sport and life. We offer an array of beyond-the-classroom activities, which give our students opportunities to discover and display their talents, and cultivate a wide range of interests.
We don’t treat these initiatives as ‘extra curricular’ activities though. Instead, our enrichment programmes co-habit happily with the academic syllabus as part of a single, integrated curriculum. In this way, we make sure that our students get to experience a truly well-rounded and happy school life.
The programme spans the entire spectrum of human interests, from art to athletics and include:
- Art: Artistic activities, including music, theatre, dance, art, craft and pottery, not only build imagination and channel energy constructively, but also create a sense of emotional wellbeing.
- Sport: Invigorating physical sports like skating, swimming, basketball and athletics are a vital part of The Deens portfolio of enrichment activities.
- Life: Each child at The Deens Academy is trained to be self-reliant, aware and equipped to face life with sessions in money management, effective studying, public-speaking, gardening and home management.
- Environment: We teach responsibility towards the environment in a hands-on manner by encouraging students to participate in a number of conservation projects.
- Community: Sensitivity to larger issues facing the world is actively fostered by inspiring students to involve themselves in community service.
The Newsletter brought out by the students of Grade 7 every month showcases the various events in school.
The Times Newspaper in Education Programme (NiE) and Deccan Herald student editions offer a programme where we use the newspaper as a dynamic education tool.